Ultrasound X-Ray Bolton
Ultrasound Near Me Bolton Clinic
Ultrasound Near Me in Bolton
Diagnostic ultrasound, also known as sonography or diagnostic medical sonography, is a method that uses high-frequency sound waves in order to produce images of structures in your body. The purpose is to gain valuable information for diagnosing and treating a variety of diseases and conditions. The vast majority of ultrasound examinations are done using an ultrasound device on the outside your body. Some examinations involve placing a device inside your body.
Why do I need an ultrasound?
These are the most common reasons for getting an Ultrasound:
- View the uterus and ovaries during pregnancy and monitor the developing baby’s health
- Diagnose any gallbladder disease
- Evaluate your blood flow
- Guiding a needle for biopsy or a tumor treatment
- Examine a lump in a breast
- Check your thyroid gland
- Detect any genital and/or prostate problems
- Assess any joint inflammation (synovitis)
- Evaluate developing metabolic bone disease